- Feedback Sought on Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Improvements - Our school along with the City of Petaluma has completed Safe Routes to School (SRTS) evaluations and now data is to be collected relative to the number of students who walk or bike to school both before any improvements are made and again after. Parent Survey Links (Online – to be filled out by parents). Please complete one survey per student at your school (in other words, please fill out more than one survey if they have more than one student attending Grant Elementary). The survey period is set for this week: .
· English: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PYRQ73S
· Spanish: https://es.surveymonkey.com/s/P2CPX2D
We are looking forward to successful participation in this important data collection effort. Please call Mrs. Haugen if you have any questions.
Grant Performing Arts Presents The Little Mermaid! - - More then a 1/3 of Grant students are in this production, so come out, come out and enjoy this Disney film favorite as a stage musical. Starring your kids! Performance dates are: Friday evening, ; afternoon,, a free event
- Held at Lucchesi Park, the Petaluma Kids Gran Fondo gives youth and their families the opportunity to donate and/or fundraise for the cause of their choice. Individuals and families will celebrate together by biking, running, walking, skating, skateboarding or rolling (wheelchairs) on one of the four course options. Afterwards, participants will enjoy a complimentary lunch and a Kids Expo filled with Jumpee Houses, a climbing wall, balance bike races, clowns/balloons, face painting, Three Twins Ice Cream, Clo the Cow and much more. Registration is open and participants can start their fundraising efforts. Remember that prizes including bikes are awarded to the top fundraisers and also that 100% of the funds raised go towards youth groups and kids in the community with disabilities and life-threatening illnesses.
- Bittersweet news for the Grant Community. Principal Haugen will be taking on a new responsibility this Fall as Principal of sibling elementary school, Valley Vista. Because we value her, and respect her, we are very happy for her and wish her even more success in this next chapter of her professional life. Be sure to congratulate Principal Haugen when you see her in the hallways! Before she leaves us however, you can be sure she will bring Grant’s new Principal Emily Dunnagen (from Kenilworth Jr High) up to speed with all things Grant! In Principal Haugen’s hands, the transition will be very smooth.